Real World Evidence (RWE) Solutions Likely to Grow at a CAGR of 14.1% and Significantly Drive Healthcare Decision-Making, predicts Roots Analysis
Roots Analysis has announced the addition of “Real World Evidence: Market Landscape and Competitive Insights, 2018-2030” report to its list of offerings.
Prabhjot Kaur, the principal analyst, stated, “Currently, close to 200 industry players are actively involved in providing real world data / analytics / services to the pharmaceutical and life sciences industries. Of these, more than 120 players leverage clinical data (derived from medical and patient care records) and patient experience data for generating actionable insights. It is worth highlighting that, in the past few years, more than 1,000 clinical studies have been initiated by stakeholders in real world setting to assess the impact of pharmacologic / non-pharmacologic treatment on patients and healthcare systems The growing importance of real world evidence in healthcare decision-making is also evident from the number of tweets (~4,400) posted on the social media platform, Twitter, in recent years.”
The report presents opinions on several key aspects of the market. Among other elements, it includes:
- An overview of the current status of the market with respect to the companies providing real world evidence related solutions. It features information on their year of establishment, geographical location, size of the company, type of offering (real world data, analytics, and services), real world data sources (medical claims, clinical trials, clinical setting, pharmacy, patient-powered and others), and intended application areas (early stage research, clinical development, regulatory submission / reimbursement / market access, and post-approval studies).
- A detailed publication analysis of close to 500 articles that have been published since 2016, highlighting the key focus areas of ongoing real world evidence-based research activity in the pharmaceutical and life sciences industries. Industry stakeholders that have made significant contributions to the intellectual capital in this domain include (in decreasing order of number of publications) Merck, IQVIA, GlaxoSmithKline, Eli Lilly, Novartis, PPD (Evidera), Janssen Pharmaceutica, AstraZeneca, Amgen, and Pfizer.
- A comprehensive analysis of more than 1,000 completed, ongoing and planned studies conducted in the real world setting. Based on the number of trials, North America (~460 trials) has emerged as a major research / innovation hub in this domain. It is also worth highlighting that a relatively larger proportion of the trials evaluated patients suffering from oncological disorders, cardiovascular disorders, neurological and psychiatric disorders.
- An analysis depicting the prevalent and emerging trends related to this domain as represented on the social media platform, Twitter. In addition to providing information on yearly trends related to the volume of tweets since 2013, the analysis highlights the most frequently talked about real world data sources, applications, therapeutic areas, active players, and influential authors.
- An in-depth analysis of close to 75 global events (summits / forums / conferences / annual meetings) that were organized for stakeholders in this domain (since 2017), highlighting the evolution of discussion topics related to real world evidence. The analysis also provides details on event type, regional distribution, emerging agendas, popular organizers, active industry and non-industry players, and a schematic mapping of upcoming planned events.
- A discussion on affiliated trends, key drivers and challenges, under a SWOT framework, featuring a Harvey ball analysis, highlighting the relative impact of each SWOT parameter on the overall real world evidence market.
- A comparative analysis of the needs of different stakeholders (manufacturers, regulators, payers, providers and patients) involved in this domain.
- A list of recent cases where real world evidence was leveraged by pharmaceutical / medical device companies, highlighting the ways in which the companies have utilized such information to support regulatory decisions, advance disease understanding, and develop outcome-based reimbursement model.
- An elaborate discussion on data governance and the existing regulatory framework related to real world evidence across various geographies, namely North America (the US and Canada), Europe (the UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy), and Asia-Pacific (Australia, China and Japan).
- An insightful opportunity analysis, estimating the existing market size and potential growth opportunities across different applications (early stage research, clinical development, regulatory approval, pricing / reimbursement, and post-approval studies) of real world evidence. It is important to mention that North America and Europe presently dominate the market and are expected to retain the leading position over the next decade. This is followed by Asia-Pacific and the rest of the world, which currently captures around 10% of the overall market share.
The report features inputs from a number of eminent industry stakeholders. Kaur remarked, “Most of the experts we spoke to concur on the opinion that real world evidence has the potential to be utilized effectively across all stages of product development and commercialization. Experts also claim that the use of real world evidence can potentially reduce drug approval timelines by about five years, and the required investment in R&D by 50-60%.” The report features detailed transcripts of interviews held with the following individuals:
- Jane Reed (Head of Life Science Strategy, Linguamatics)
- Jonathan Moshinsky (Head of Market Strategy, uMotif)
- Mark Cziraky (Vice President of Research, HealthCore)
- Anonymous (Vice President, Big Pharmaceutical Company)
The report covers detailed assessment of real world evidence related solutions of several companies, including (illustrative list, no selection criteria):
- Flatiron Health
- IBM Watson Health
- Ignite Data
- pH Associates
- Saama Technologies
- SAS Institute
- SHYFT Analytics
- Vector Oncology
For additional details, please visit
https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/view_document/real-world-evidence-market-landscape-and-competitive-insights-2018-2030-/228.html or email firstname.lastname@example.org