Published: September 2021
One of the primary causes of genomic instability, a key characteristic of several types of cancers, is defects in the DNA-Damage Response pathway; the pathway presents several novel targets that are being evaluated in contemporary drug development research
The DDR comprises of orchestrated network of pathways that signal not only for repair of DNA lesions, but also for activation of checkpoints, which are responsible for cell arrest at key points in the cell cycle. High specificity and sensitivity to conventional therapies, coupled to minimal off target toxicity, have further led to the use of DDR as a potential target for the treatment of a wider range of clinical conditions (both oncological and non-oncological). In this regard, several researchers across the globe have developed / are developing DDR inhibitors to overcome DDR-mediated resistance to DNA-damaging anticancer therapies and exploit DDR dysfunction in oncological indication by targeting alternative pathways.
To order this 250+ page report, which features 140+ figures and 170+ tables, please visit https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/dna-damage-response-targeting-therapeutics-market.html
105+ DDR targeting therapeutics are currently being evaluated across different phases
Over 55% of the aforementioned therapeutic candidates are being investigated in clinical trials, while the rest (~45%) are undergoing preclinical studies. Interestingly, most of the DDR targeting therapeutics are being developed against oncological disorders (~90%).
Over 90% of clinical drug candidates are being developed as small molecules
Majority (over 45%) of these drug candidates target ATR, WEE1, DNA-PK, p53 and RNA polymerase I. Notably, around 75% of the clinical drug candidates are designed for administration via the oral route.
Over 95% of preclinical drug candidates are being evaluated as monotherapy
Majority of these candidates are being developed as small molecules (around 85%). It is also worth highlighting that 80% of the preclinical candidates target oncological indications.
Nearly 65% of the companies engaged in this domain are based in North America
It is worth highlighting that within North America, around 90% of the developers have established their headquarters in the US. The global developer landscape is further dominated by start-ups (established since 2010), which represent over 55% of total number of stakeholders in the industry.
220+ clinical trials, focused on DDR therapeutics, have been registered since 2011
Around 73,000 patients have been enrolled in clinical research initiatives aimed to validate the efficacy and safety of DDR targeting therapeutics. Over 50% of these trials are currently recruiting patients. Further, close to 55% of the studies have been / are being conducted in North America.
More than 150 articles have been published related to DDR targeting therapeutics, since last year
Over 65% of publications were research articles, followed by review articles (around 25%). Moreover, more than 40% of the articles were published in journals having an impact factor of more than 5. Majority of the articles were evaluating ATM (16) as target molecule, followed by AR and ATR (15 each).
US is anticipated to capture over 65% of the global market share in 2030
On the other hand, the markets in Germany and the UK are anticipated to grow at relatively faster paces (76.4%, and 71.3%, respectively). In 2030, therapeutics targeting DHODH and APE / Ref-1are likely represent the largest market share (35%), in terms of revenues from product sales, followed by those targeting CHK1, C-Tak and MAPKAPK2 (12% each).
To request a sample copy / brochure of this report, please visit https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/dna-damage-response-targeting-therapeutics-market/request-sample.html
The USD 1.07 billion (by 2030) financial opportunity within the DDR targeting therapeutics market has been analyzed across the following segments:
The research further includes the profiles of key players (listed below); each profile features a brief overview of the company, details related to its pipeline candidates, recent developments (including collaborations and expansions) and an informed future outlook.
For additional details, please visit https://www.rootsanalysis.com/reports/view_document/biologics-fill-finish-services-market/256.html or email email@example.com
You may also be interested in the following titles:
1. Squamous Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Pipeline Review, Developer Landscape and Competitive Insights, 2021-2031
2. Novel T-Cell Immunotherapies Market: Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2021-2030
3. CRISPR Based Therapeutics Market: Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2021-2030
+1 (415) 800 3415
+44 (122) 391 1091
We are your partners with no equity
We fit in your budget
We love what we do
Chance to prove ourselves
Best in class quality of work
Most trusted consulting partner in the industry
SUBSCRIBE TO INDUSTRY UPDATES