Thermoplastic polymers are defined as a unique group of polymers whose structure can be softened / melted under the application of heat and are then returns to its original state under cooling environment. On the other hand, thermoplastic elastomers (TPE) are defined as thermoplastics that possess the characteristics of rubber but are manufactured without the process of vulcanization. In fact, TPEs are processed with by using plastic manufacturing equipment such as, injection molding, blow molding, and extrusion. Notably, thermoplastic elastomers offer a wide array of advantages, such as low level of extractables, sterilizability features, cost-effectiveness and excellent sealing and adhesion performance properties. It is worth highlighting that in the recent years, TPE plastics have seen extensive applications within the medical industry, like utilization for manufacturing of dental equipment, syringe seals and caps, lids, closures, membranes and valves.
Some of the recent developments within the thermoplastic elastomers market include:
- Signing of partnership agreement between Chase Plastics and Elastron for the distribution of latter’s thermoplastic elastomers portfolio.
- Launch of Liveo Pharma TPE Tubing product line by DuPont as a step to include extruded pharma tubing based on TPE technology.
The Thermoplastic Elastomers Market: Pipeline Review, Developer Landscape and Competitive Insights, 2023-2035 [Upcoming Report] report features an extensive study on the marketed products.
This report provides an in-depth analysis of the product pipeline and developer companies, highlighting the current practices, emerging products, and market share of the individual products. In addition to other elements, the study includes detailed assessment of the current market landscape, providing information about type of product, type of end-user, and other development activities.
One of the key objectives of the report was to estimate the existing market size and the future opportunity of thermoplastic elastomers, over the next twelve years. Based on multiple parameters, such as anticipated adoption and the likely selling price of such products, we have provided informed estimates on the evolution of the market for the period 2023-2035.
Scope of the Report
The study presents an in-depth analysis, highlighting the capabilities of various industry stakeholders engaged in this domain, across different segments as defined in the below table:
|Key Report Attributes
Type of Product
- Product Type A
- Product Type B
- Product Type C
- Product Type D
Type of Therapy
- Very Small Companies
- Small Companies
- Mid-sized Companies
- Large Companies
- Very Large Companies
|Key Geographical Indications
- North America
- Middle East and North Africa
- Rest of the World
- 15% Free Customization Option (equivalent to 5 analyst working days)
Amongst other elements, the report includes:
- An executive summary of the insights captured during our research, offering a high-level view on the current state of the thermoplastic elastomers market and its likely evolution in the short to mid and long term.
- A general overview of thermoplastic elastomers, along with information on its applications, prevalent trends in the market and future perspective.
- A detailed assessment of the pipeline activity by type of product, application area and several other parameters across the complete product development cycle.
- Detailed profiles of the players that are engaged in the development of thermoplastic elastomers, featuring overview of the company, its financial information (if available), a description of its product portfolio, recent collaborations and an informed future outlook.
- An analysis of the partnerships that have been established in the domain, over the last five years, covering acquisitions / mergers, clinical trial agreements, commercialization agreements, research agreements, IP licensing agreements, product / technology licensing agreements, product development agreements, and other relevant deals.
- An analysis of the investments made at various stages of development, such as seed financing, venture capital financing, debt financing, grants / awards, capital raised from IPOs and subsequent offerings, by companies that are engaged in this field.
- An in-depth analysis of recent events (webinars / conferences / seminars / workshops / symposiums / summits) that were organized for stakeholders in this domain, based on several relevant parameters, such as year of event, event platform, type of event, geography, evolutionary trends in event agenda, most active event organizers, active industry and non-industry players (in terms of number of events that each company participated in), most active speakers (in terms of number of events) and a geographical mapping of upcoming events.
- A discussion on affiliated trends, key drivers and challenges, under a SWOT framework, which are likely to impact the industry’s evolution, including a Harvey ball analysis, highlighting the relative effect of each SWOT parameter on the overall thermoplastic elastomers industry.
- An insightful market assessment summary, highlighting the commercial attractiveness of commercially available thermoplastic elastomers taking into consideration likely adoption trends and expected price variations of these products and size of developer company.
In order to account for future uncertainties associated with some of the key parameters and to add robustness to our model, we have provided three market forecast scenarios, namely conservative, base and optimistic scenarios, representing different tracks of the industry’s growth.
All actual figures have been sourced and analyzed from publicly available information forums and primary research discussions. Financial figures mentioned in this report are in USD, unless otherwise specified.
- In the coming years, the market is anticipated to grow at a significant pace owing to the rising adoption of the products and increasing interest of stakeholders to invest in this field.
- More novel solutions are being developed by various industry as well as non-industry stakeholders.
- The significant impact on market size can also be attributed to the contributions of several big pharma players being actively involved in evaluation of various therapy candidates in this field.
- With various potential products under clinical investigation, a marked rise is anticipated in the number of new entrants in the market, in the coming years.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the prevalent rends related to thermoplastic elastomers?
- What are the key challenges faced by stakeholders engaged in this domain?
- Who are the leading industry and non-industry players in this market?
- What are the contributions of big pharma players in this field?
- Who are the key investors in this domain?
- What kind of partnership models are commonly adopted by industry stakeholders?
- What is the growth rate of thermoplastic elastomers market?
- Which region has the highest growth rate in the thermoplastic elastomers market?
- What are the factors that are likely to influence the evolution of this upcoming market?
Table of Contents
2. Executive Summary
4. Pipeline Review
4.1. Chapter Overview
4.2. Thermoplastic Elastomers: Pipeline Analysis
4.2.1. Analysis by Type of Product
4.2.2. Analysis by Application Area
4.2.3. Analysis by Type of End User
4.3. Thermoplastic Elastomers: Developer Analysis
4.3.1. Analysis by Year of Establishment
4.3.2. Analysis by Company Size
4.3.3. Analysis by Geographical Location
4.3.4. Most Active Players: Analysis by Number of Products
5. Company Profiles
6. KOL Analysis
7. Partnerships and Collaborations
8. Funding and Investment Analysis
9. Global Event Analysis
10. Market Sizing and Opportunity Analysis
11. Executive Insights
12. Concluding Remarks
13. Appendix 1: Tabulated Data
14. Appendix 2: List of Companies and Organizations