Our technology has the potential to produce extracellular vesicles at high yield and is beneficial for large scale manufacturing of exosomes required for producing therapeutics. Moreover, some exosome based therapeutic developers have also licensed our technology platform with an aim to produce exosomes and develop breakthrough biotherapies
-- Chief Compliance Officer and Co-Founder, Switzerland-based small-sized firm
Exosomes Development and Exosomes Manufacturing Market Overview
The exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing market is estimated to be worth $15 million in 2022 and is expected to grow at compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18% during the forecast period. Exosomes are extracellular vesicles that play an important role in cell-to-cell communication and act as carriers of circulating nucleic acids, lipids and proteins in body. Over time, various research studies have demonstrated the potential of isolated exosomes in disease diagnosis and drug delivery applications, owing to their ability to act as biomarkers for various diseases and transport important functional elements. Given the various benefits, exosomes have gained significant interest in the biopharmaceutical industry, likely to result in their increased demand. However, the development and manufacturing of isolated exosomes is associated with several challenges, including lack of standardized isolated exosomes and purification methods, limited drug loading ability, and inadequate clinical grade production and GMP compliant industrial scale-up. Therefore, outsourcing of exosome development and manufacturing is seen as a preferable option by exosome companies focused on development of exosome based diagnostics and exosome therapeutics.
Presently, several exosome companies offer services for exosome development and manufacturing. The primary benefit of engaging service providers is to overcome various challenges related to exosome development, such as heterogeneity of exosomes, optimization of isolated exosomes, purification and exosome characterization methods and lack of specific biomarkers. Further, in order to leverage the full potential of exosomes, advanced exosome technologies are being developed to fully substructure their therapeutic applications. In addition, extensive research is being conducted to develop methods for extraction of exosomes with high level of purity and sensitivity. The growth in research over the last few years is evident from the published scientific literature and the clinical trial activity in exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing market. The market has also witnessed substantial partnership activity, including several technology licensing deals. Moreover, the service providers are actively upgrading their capabilities and infrastructure to accommodate the current and anticipated demand for these extracellular vesicles. Driven by the ongoing research activity, technological advancements and efforts of the players offering exosome development and manufacturing services, the exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing market is poised to witness healthy market growth during the forecast period.
Key Companies in Exosomes Development and Exosomes Manufacturing Market
Examples of key exosome companies engaged in exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing market (which have also been profiled in this market report; the complete list of exosome companies is available in the full report) include Creative Bioarray, Creative Biolabs, Creative Biostructure, Amsbio, Cambridge Bioscience, Lonza, Qiagen, Exopharm, and Sumika Chemical Analysis Service. This market report includes an easily searchable excel database of all the exosome companies providing exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing, worldwide.
Recent Developments in Exosomes Development and Exosomes Manufacturing Market:
Several recent developments have taken place in the field of exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing market. We have outlined some of these recent initiatives below. These developments, even if they took place post the release of our market report, substantiate the overall market trends that have been outlined in our analysis.
- In September 2023, Aruna Bio participated in Exosome Based Therapeutic Development Summit, held in Boston, Massachusetts. The presentation highlighted treatment opportunities for the company’s proprietary neural exosome platform, AB126, in the treatment of acute and chronic neurological disorders.
- In July 2023, Evox Therapeutics acquired Codiak Biosciences’ engEx-AAV™ technology platform allowing active loading of adeno-associated virus into exosomes and the release thereof, inside the recipient cells.
- In January 2023, RoosterBio extended a process development agreement with Sartorius in order to develop a streamlined process for human mesenchymal stem cell (hMSC) derived exosome production with improved yield, purity and potency.
Scope of the Report
The “Exosome Development and Manufacturing Services Market by Scale of Operation (Discovery / Research, Preclinical and Clinical) and Key Geographical Regions (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World): Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2022-2035” market report features an extensive study on the current market landscape, market size, market forecast and future opportunities for exosome service providers during the forecast period. The market research report underlines an in-depth analysis, highlighting the diverse capabilities of various industry stakeholders engaged in exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing market.
In addition to other elements, the market research report includes:
- A detailed assessment of the current market landscape of exosome companies along with the information on their year of establishment, company size, location of headquarters, types of service(s) offered (isolated exosomes, exosome characterization, purification, chromatography, engineering, targeted delivery, diagnostic biomarker, and quality control), method of isolation, method of purification, method of exosome characterization, method of exosome manufacturing (engineering and targeted delivery), scale of operation (discovery / research, pre-clinical, clinical or commercialized) and scalability (small, mid-sized or large).
- A competitiveness analysis of exosome companies based on various relevant parameters, such as supplier strength (based on the experience / expertise of the service providers and company size), service strength (number of stages of development (discovery, preclinical, clinical or commercialized), scalability criteria, number of isolation and purification methods, number of exosome characterization methods, number of chromatography techniques, quality control methods and exosome manufacturing methods).
- Detailed profiles of prominent exosome companies. Each company profile features a brief overview of the company, its financial information (if available), details on its exosome service portfolio, recent developments and an informed future outlook.
- An analysis of the partnerships that have been established in exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing market since 2016, covering R&D agreements, research, development and commercialization collaborations, product development agreements, mergers and acquisitions, product development and commercialization agreements, distribution / supply agreements, licensing deals, asset acquisitions, and clinical trial agreements.
- A detailed review of 6,451 peer-reviewed, scientific articles related to research on exosomes on the basis of several relevant parameters, such as year of publication, type of service(s) offered, emerging focus areas. The chapter also highlights the top journals (in terms of number of articles published and impact factor).
- A detailed analysis of the global events attended by the participants, based on several relevant parameters, such as year of event, type of event platform, location of event, emerging focus areas, active organizers (in terms of number of events), active industry and non-industry participants, designation of participants, affiliated department of participant, active speakers (in terms of number of events). The chapter also highlights the geographical mapping of upcoming events.
- An overview of the landscape of exosome-based technologies, featuring analyses of various technology providers, based on several relevant parameters, such as year of establishment, company size and location of headquarters.
- An insightful analysis of the patents filed / granted for exosome technologies, during the period between 2016 and 2021 (till November), taking into consideration several relevant parameters, such as type of patent, publication year, application year, geographical location, Cooperative Patent Classification (CPC) symbols, emerging focus areas, leading industry and non-industry players (on the basis of number of patents) and individual patent assignees (in terms of size of intellectual property portfolio), patent benchmarking, patent characteristics and age of patents. The chapter also includes an insightful valuation analysis.
- A detailed analysis of completed and ongoing clinical trials of exosomes, based on different parameters, such as trial status, trial registration year, trial registration year and enrolled patient population, trial recruitment status, trial phase and number of patients enrolled, study design, type pf sponsor / collaborator, leading players (on basis of number of registered trials),emerging focus areas and location of the trials (on basis of number of registered trials and enrolled patient population).
One of the key objectives of this market report is to provide a detailed market forecast analysis in order to estimate the existing market size and future opportunity within the exosome development and manufacturing services market during the forecast period. Our year-wise projections of the current and future opportunity within the exosome development and manufacturing services market have further been segmented across [A] scale of operation (discovery / pre-clinical stage and clinical stage) [B] key geographies (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and Rest of the World). In order to account for future uncertainties and to add robustness to our model, we have provided three market forecast scenarios, namely conservative, base, and optimistic scenarios, representing different tracks of the anticipated industry’s growth.
The opinions and insights presented in the market report were influenced by discussions held with several stakeholders in exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing market. The market research report features detailed transcripts of interviews held with the following individuals (in alphabetical order):
- Jonathan Carson (Strategic Marketing Manager, RoosterBio)
- Navdeep Singh (Product Manager and Technical Lead, Clara Biotech)
- Nicolas Rousseau (Chief Compliance Officer and Co-founder, EverZom)
All actual figures have been sourced and analyzed from publicly available information forums and primary research discussions. Financial figures mentioned in this report are in USD, unless otherwise specified.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What are exosomes? Answer:
Exosomes are extracellular vesicles found to be involved in intercellular communication and transmission of disease states.
Question 2: How big is the exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing market? Answer:
The exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing market size is estimated to be worth $15 million in 2022.
Question 3: What is the projected market growth of the exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing market? Answer:
The exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing market is expected to grow at compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18% during the forecast period 2022 - 2035.
Question 4: Who are the leading players in the exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing market? Answer:
Examples of key companies engaged in exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing market (which have also been profiled in this market report; the complete list of companies is available in the full report) include Creative Bioarray, Creative Biolabs, Creative Biostructure, Amsbio, Cambridge Bioscience, Lonza, Qiagen, Exopharm, and Sumika Chemical Analysis Service.
Question 5: How many companies are currently engaged in exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing market? Answer:
Over 45 companies are currently engaged in the exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing market.
Question 6: How many articles related to exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing have been published till date? Answer:
More than 6,400 articles related to exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing have been published till date.
Question 7: Which region is the hub for companies engaged in exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing market? Answer:
North America emerged as the hub for companies engaged in exosomes development and exosomes manufacturing market, with over 52% of the players established in the region.