As per the data published by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in December 2022, oncological disorders (various types of cancer) have emerged as the second leading cause of death in the US. In fact, as per recent studies, the annual burden of oncological disorders is more than USD 185 billion in the US. In order to address the aforementioned challenge, various developers across the globe, have identified inhibition of enhancer of zeste homolog 2 (EZH2) as one of the potential target mechanisms. The EZH2 gene is responsible for production of histone methyltransferase enzyme, which causes methylation of histones and subsequent suppression of downstream genes. Further, this suppression activity forms a crucial part in the process of cell fate determination. Over the years, inhibition of the EZH2 gene has been validated across various studies to suppress the growth of cancer cells. Further, various EZH2 inhibitor targets are currently present in the clinical pipeline. Notably, the first EZH2 inhibitor, Tazemetostat was approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) in 2020.
Promising clinical evidence, combined with increasing support from the USFDA can be considered as some of the promising drivers in this domain. Some of the recent developments within the EZH2 inhibitors market include:
- Signing of licensing agreement between Hengrui Pharmaceuticals and Treeline Biosciences for Hengrui Pharmaceuticals EZH2 inhibitor, SHR-2554 for EUR 660, and subsequent worldwide exclusive rights.
- Launch of Daiichi Sankyo’s Ezharmia (valemetostat tosilate), a dual inhibitor of EZH1 and EZH2, in Japan for the treatment of patients with relapsed or refractory adult T-cell leukemia-lymphoma.
The EZH2 Inhibitors Market: Pipeline Review, Developer Landscape and Competitive Insights, 2023-2035 [Upcoming Report] report features an extensive study on the marketed, clinical and preclinical molecules available / being developed for the inhibition of EZH2.
This report provides an in-depth analysis of the product pipeline and developer companies, highlighting the current treatment practices, emerging products, and market share of the individual products. In addition to other elements, the study includes detailed assessment of the current market landscape, providing information about the product’s mechanism of action, dosage and administration, and pharmacological studies, regulatory milestones, and other development activities.
One of the key objectives of the report was to estimate the existing market size and the future opportunity of therapies for EZH2 inhibition, over the next twelve years. Based on multiple parameters, such as disease prevalence, anticipated adoption of the forecasted therapies and the likely selling price of such therapeutic products, we have provided informed estimates on the evolution of the market for the period 2023-2035.
Scope of the Report
The study presents an in-depth analysis, highlighting the capabilities of various industry stakeholders engaged in this domain, across different segments as defined in the below table:
|Key Report Attributes
Type of Product
- Drug Class A
- Drug Class B
- Drug Class C
- Drug Class D
Type of Therapy
- Combination Therapy
Route of Administration
Key Geographical Indications
- North America
- Middle East and North Africa
- Rest of the World
|Target Disease Indication
- Indication A
- Indication B
- Indication C
- Indication D
- 15% Free Customization Option (equivalent to 5 analyst working days)
Amongst other elements, the report includes:
- An executive summary of the insights captured during our research, offering a high-level view on the current state of the EZH2 inhibitors market and its likely evolution in the short to mid and long term.
- A brief introduction to EZH2 inhibitors, featuring information on role of inhibition of EZH2 pathway in oncological disorders, mechanism of action of EZH2, along with mechanism of EZH2 pathway inhibition. This chapter further features details related to the recent advancements and future prospects in this domain.
- A detailed assessment of the therapeutic pipeline activity and therapeutic assessment of the therapies by phase of development, mechanism of action, drug class, type of molecule, type of therapy, route of administration and several other parameters.
- Detailed profiles of the players that are engaged in the development of EZH2 inhibitors, featuring overview of the company, its financial information (if available), a description of its product portfolio, recent collaborations and an informed future outlook.
- An insightful analysis highlighting the key opinion leaders (KOLs) in this domain, featuring an analysis of the various principal investigators of clinical trials related to EZH2 inhibitors, considering them to be KOLs, who are actively involved in R&D of EZH2 inhibitors. In addition, it compares the relative expertise of KOLs based on a proprietary scoring criterion with that of a third party.
- A detailed analysis of completed, ongoing and planned clinical studies, based on the various relevant parameters, such as trial registration year, trial phase, number of patients enrolled, study design, trial recruitment status, and trial focus, highlighting leading sponsors, type of organization, and regional distribution of trials. In addition, it features an insightful clinical end-points analysis.
- An analysis of the partnerships that have been established in the domain, over the last five years, covering acquisitions / mergers, clinical trial agreements, commercialization agreements, research agreements, IP licensing agreements, product / technology licensing agreements, product development agreements, and other relevant deals.
- An analysis of the investments made at various stages of development, such as seed financing, venture capital financing, debt financing, grants / awards, capital raised from IPOs and subsequent offerings, by companies that are engaged in this field.
- A detailed market forecast analysis, highlighting the commercial attractiveness of commercially available EZH2 inhibitors and likely growth of the clinical EZH2 inhibitors in the healthcare market, over the period 2023-2035, based on several relevant parameters, such as target patient population, likely launch year of therapy candidates, approval timeline of drugs, likely price points and expected rates of adoption, across various geographical regions.
In order to account for future uncertainties associated with some of the key parameters and to add robustness to our model, we have provided three market forecast scenarios, namely conservative, base and optimistic scenarios, representing different tracks of the industry’s growth.
All actual figures have been sourced and analyzed from publicly available information forums and primary research discussions. Financial figures mentioned in this report are in USD, unless otherwise specified.
- In the coming years, the market is anticipated to grow at a significant pace owing to the rising awareness of the disease and increasing interest of stakeholders to invest in this field.
- More novel therapy solutions are being developed by various industry as well as non-industry stakeholders.
- The significant impact on market size can also be attributed to the contributions of several big pharma players being actively involved in evaluation of various therapy candidates in this field.
- With various potential therapies under clinical investigation, a marked rise is anticipated in the number of new entrants in the market, in the coming years.
Key Questions Answered
- What are the prevalent rends related to EZH2 inhibitors?
- What are the key challenges faced by stakeholders engaged in this domain?
- Who are the leading industry and non-industry players in this market?
- What are the contributions of big pharma players in this field?
- Who are the key opinion leaders / experts in this field?
- Who are the key investors in this domain?
- What kind of partnership models are commonly adopted by industry stakeholders?
- What is the growth rate of EZH2 inhibitors market?
- Which region has the highest growth rate in the EZH2 inhibitors market?
- What are the factors that are likely to influence the evolution of this upcoming market?