Portable X Ray Devices Market Overview
The portable x ray devices market is estimated to be worth $900 million in 2021 and is expected to grow at CAGR of 13% during the forecast period. Since the discovery of X-rays, the field of medical imaging has evolved significantly, offering a non-invasive means for physicians to accurately visualize almost all major organ systems for diagnostic purposes. However, conventional medical imaging solutions are severely limited in terms of mobility, and throughput, and are usually dependent on stationary power sources. As a result, they are impractical in situations characterized by low physician / pathologist to patient ratios, such as during an epidemic or pandemic. There is, therefore, an urgent need for solutions that can increase diagnosis efficiency in order to relieve the overly burdened global healthcare system. Handheld X-ray imaging devices are lightweight, mobile or portable devices, which are designed for routine diagnostic applications. The applications of handheld imaging devices in modern healthcare are vast, spanning almost all major medical disciplines, from dentistry to cardiology, covering several internal organs in various parts the body, such as the chest, and abdomen / gastrointestinal tract. In this context, it is worth mentioning that over the past couple of months, multiple studies have described the use of handheld X-ray devices in diagnosing individuals (by conducting chest X-rays) having contracted the novel coronavirus. Considering the limited access to molecular testing kits for the diagnosis of COVID-19, these devices have proven useful in the initial screening process.
Presently, there are a number of handheld X-ray imaging devices available in the market, and several device developers are engaged in efforts to further improve their products. However, a significant proportion of medical professionals have limited, or no, access to such medical imaging devices. This, coupled to the fact that nearly 50% of legacy X-ray equipment, in resource-limited countries, are reportedly not fully functional, is an impediment to quality healthcare. It is also important to note that the cost of handheld / portable devices is significantly lower than their counterparts. In future, such devices are anticipated to become more popular and eventually replace bulky, traditional medical imaging machines. In fact, the increasing interest in point-of-care diagnostics is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for stakeholders engaged in portable x ray devices market.
Key Companies in Portable X Ray Devices Market
Examples of key companies engaged in portable x ray devices market (which have also been profiled in this market report; the complete list of companies is available in the full report) include Dexcowin, Elidental Technology, Fujifilm, Genoray, KaVo Kerr and VATECH. This market report includes an easily searchable excel database of all the companies providing handheld x ray device, worldwide.
Recent Developments in Portable X Ray Devices Market:
Several recent developments have taken place in the field of portable x ray devices market. We have outlined some of these recent initiatives below. These developments, even if they took place post the release of our market report, substantiate the overall market trends that have been outlined in our analysis.
- In September 2023, Mindray launched TE Air Wireless Handheld Ultrasound, a new imaging solution, that improves ultrasound accessibility. This enables healthcare professionals to carry comprehensive scanning capabilities in their pockets, adapting to a wide array of clinical scenarios.
- In April 2023, OXOS Medical raised USD 23 million in Series A funding round in order to speed up Handheld X-ray innovation and expand its reach globally.
Scope of the Report
The “Portable X Ray Devices Market by Area of Application (Dental and Others), Device Class (Low-End, Mid-End and High-End), End-Users (Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Diagnostic Imaging Centers, Hospitals, Specialty Clinics and Others), and by Key Geographical Regions (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle-East and North Africa, Latin America and Rest of the World): Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2020-2030” market report features an extensive study of the current market landscape, market size, market share, market growth, market forecast, market outlook and future opportunities of the portable x ray devices market. The market research report features an in-depth analysis, highlighting the capabilities of various stakeholders engaged in portable x ray devices market. In addition to other elements, the market research report includes:
- An overview of the current market landscape of the handheld X-ray imaging devices, providing information on the status of development (developed and under development), area of application (dental, orthopedic and others), weight of device, size of focal spot, tube voltage, type of battery used (lithium ion and lithium polymer), battery voltage, exposure time, battery efficiency and cost of the device. In addition, it presents details of the device developers, highlighting their respective year of establishment, company size, type of business model used (B2B and B2C), target market (domestic and domestic and international) and location of headquarters.
- An in-depth analysis of the contemporary market trends, presented using four schematic representations, including [A] a grid representation, illustrating the distribution of devices based on weight of the device, area of application and size of the company, [B] an insightful heat map representation, highlighting the distribution of devices on the basis of weight and cost of the device, [C] a treemap representation, featuring the distribution of handheld X-ray imaging devices based on battery efficiency and exposure time, and [D] a world map representation, highlighting the regional distribution of developer companies.
- A detailed product competitiveness analysis of handheld X-ray imaging devices, taking into consideration several relevant parameters, such as the supplier power (based on year of establishment of the developer) and key device-related specifications, including device weight, size of focal spot, type of battery, battery efficiency, minimum exposure time and product price.
- Elaborate profiles of mid-sized / large companies (based on a proprietary shortlisting criteria) that are engaged in the development of handheld X-ray imaging devices. Each profile features a brief overview of the company (with information on year of establishment, number of employees, location of headquarters and key members of the executive team), details of their respective product portfolio, recent developments and an informed future outlook.
- A detailed brand positioning analysis of key industry players (based on a proprietary shortlisting criteria), highlighting the current perceptions regarding their proprietary brands by taking into consideration several relevant aspects, such as strength of product portfolio, diversity in battery efficiency, diversity in exposure time, cost of the device and supplier power of each company.
- An insightful analysis highlighting the cost saving potential associated with the use of handheld X-ray imaging devices, based on the information from over 30 countries, taking into consideration various parameters, such as total number of radiologists, annual salary, number of X-ray scans performed and increase in efficiency by adoption of these handheld X-ray imaging devices.
- A review of the product distribution strategies adopted by different end-users and market attractiveness for handheld X-ray imaging devices across different types of end-users, including ambulatory surgical centers, diagnostic imaging centers, hospitals, specialty clinics and others.
- A discussion on the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on the overall handheld X-ray imaging devices market, and the key initiatives undertaken by the companies in portable x ray devices market.
- An informative analysis of contemporary Google Trends in the time period between 2015 and 2020 (till October) and insights from recent news articles related to handheld X-ray imaging devices, indicating the increasing popularity of portable x ray devices market.
The key objective of portable x ray devices market report is to provide a detailed market analysis in order to estimate the existing market size, market value, statistics and future opportunity for portable x ray devices market during the forecast period. Based on the likely adoption rates, and expected price variations for these devices, we have provided an informed estimate of the evolution of the market for the forecast period 2020-2030. The market report also features the likely distribution of the current and forecasted opportunity within handheld X-ray imaging devices market across [A] area of application (dental and others), [B] device class (low-end, mid-end and high-end), [C] end-users (ambulatory surgical centers, diagnostic imaging centers, hospitals, specialty clinics and other end-users), and [D] key geographical regions (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle-East and North Africa, Latin America and rest of the world). In order to account for future uncertainties and to add robustness to our model, we have provided three forecast scenarios, namely conservative, base and optimistic scenarios, representing different tracks of the industry’s growth.
All actual figures have been sourced and analyzed from publicly available information forums and primary research discussions. Financial figures mentioned in this market research report are in USD, unless otherwise specified.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What are portable x ray devices? Answer:
Portable x ray equipment are lightweight, mobile devices, which are designed for routine diagnostic applications.
Question 2: How big is the portable x ray devices market? Answer:
The portable x ray devices market size is estimated to be worth $900 million in 2021.
Question 3: What is the projected market growth of the portable x ray devices market? Answer:
The portable x ray devices market is expected to grow at compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 13% during the forecast period 2021 – 2030.
Question 4: Who are the leading players in the portable x ray devices market? Answer:
Examples of key companies engaged in portable x ray devices market (which have also been profiled in this market report; the complete list of companies is available in the full report) include Dexcowin, Elidental Technology, Fujifilm, Genoray, KaVo Kerr and VATECH.
Question 5: How many handheld x ray are currently offered by companies engaged in the portable x ray devices market? Answer:
Presently, over 50 handheld x ray are currently offered by players engaged in the portable x ray devices market, for use across diverse diagnostic applications.
Question 6: What are the applications of portable x ray devices in modern healthcare? Answer:
The applications of portable x ray devices in modern healthcare are vast, covering several internal organs in various parts the body, such as the chest, and abdomen / gastrointestinal tract.