Novel Antibody Therapy Market
The novel antibody therapy market is estimated to be worth $2.4 billion in 2023 and is expected to grow at compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 36% during the forecast period. Cancer is known to be one of the leading causes of deaths, worldwide. In fact, as per the annual statistics reported by the American Cancer Society (ACS) indicate that, in 2022, around 1.9 million individuals are likely to be diagnosed with various types of cancer in the US. Further, it is estimated that, by the end of 2040, 27.5 million new cancer cases will be added to the global numbers, exerting tremendous physical, emotional and financial strain on affected individuals, their families, communities and national health systems. Although several conventional treatment options, including chemotherapy, radiation therapy and surgery are available to control disease progression and keep malignant cells from spreading throughout the body, these therapies have demonstrated limited efficacy in late-stage cancers. Moreover, traditional chemotherapy and radiation therapy have negative effects on patients' quality of life due to their non-specific and extremely toxic nature. Amidst the recent initiatives undertaken to develop more targeted anti-cancer therapies, novel antibody therapies have emerged to be one of the most suitable option, having demonstrated the capability to selectively target and eliminate tumor cells. The novel antibody therapies include different classes of antibodies, which are capable of killing or inhibiting disease-causing agents. Multiple antibody formats have been engineered to enhance therapeutic efficacy and target proteins that are expressed on the surface of the affected cells. This has opened a new target space for the development of antibody therapeutics and techniques, facilitating tools to uniquely distinguish malignantly transformed cells from regular cells. Various novel antibody therapies such as immuocytokines, immunotoxins, radioimmunoconjugates and intrabodies are being investigated as a therapeutic modality across multiple clinical trials, particularly as anti-cancer agents.
Till date, six novel antibody therapies, including Adcetris® (mycosis fungoides, primary cutaneous anaplastic large cell lymphoma, T-cell lymphoma and Hodgkin's disease), Elzonris® (Blastic plasmacytoid dendritic cell neoplasm) Lumoxiti® (Hairy cell leukemia), Pluvicto™ (Prostate cancer), Vicineum™ (Bladder cancer) and Zevalin (Lymphoma) have so far been evaluated and approved for various oncological disorders. In addition, more than 130 novel antibody therapies are being evaluated in various preclinical and clinical stages. Currently, more than 50 companies and academic / research institutes are engaged in the development of novel antibody therapies with enhanced efficacy and several promising leads are anticipated to be commercially launched over the coming decade. Over 4,500 patents related to novel antibodies have been recently filed / granted, demonstrating the innovation and continuous research efforts in novel antibody therapy market. In addition, multiple collaborations have been inked between industry / academic stakeholders to advance the development of various pipeline molecules. Moreover, with the active involvement of big pharma players as well as new entrants, the development pipeline of the novel antibody therapies is likely to expand further. Driven by the growing interest of various stakeholders and encouraging clinical research results, the novel antibody therapy market is anticipated to witness steady market growth during the forecast period.
Key Companies in Novel Antibody Therapy Market
Examples of key companies engaged in novel antibody therapy market (which have also been profiled in this market report; the complete list of companies is available in the full report) include Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Molecular Templates, Philogen, Roche, Seagen, Sesen bio, Telix Pharmaceuticals and Y-mAbs Therapeutics. This market report includes an easily searchable excel database of all the companies developing novel antibody therapies, worldwide.
Recent Developments in Novel Antibody Therapy Market
Several recent developments have taken place in the field of novel antibody therapy market. We have outlined some of these recent initiatives below. These developments, even if they took place post the release of our market report, substantiate the overall market trends that have been outlined in our analysis.
- In July 2023, TVM Capital Life Science in collaborated with Tillotts Pharma invested USD 28 million in Mage Biologics with an aim to develop innovative oral antibody therapy for ulcerative colitis.
- In May 2023, Lassen Therapeutics published Phase I Data on LASN01, an IL-11 receptor-blocking antibody, for treatment of pulmonary fibrosis, at the American Thoracic Society 2023 Annual Meeting.
- In April 2023, Genmab entered into a collaboration with argenx in order to discover, develop and commercialize novel therapeutic antibodies with applications in immunology and oncology.
Scope of the Report
The ‘Novel Antibody Therapy Market, 2022-2035: Distribution by Type of Novel Antibody (Immunocytokines, Immunotoxins and Radioisotope Immunoconjugates), Target Indication (Acute Myeloid Leukemia, Bladder Cancer, Diffuse Large B-cell Lymphoma, Graft-versus-host disease, Melanoma Prostate Cancer and Soft-tissue Sarcoma), Type of Therapy (Combination Therapy and Monotherapy), Route of Administration (Intratumoral, Intravenous and Intravesical), and Key Geographical Regions (North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific): Industry Trends and Global Forecasts, 2022-2035’ market report features an extensive study on the current market landscape, market size, market share, market forecast, market outlook and future opportunities for the novel antibody therapies in the treatment of various diseases. The market research report presents an in-depth analysis, highlighting the diverse capabilities of players engaged in novel antibody therapy market, across different geographies. In addition to other elements, the market research report includes:
- A general overview of novel antibody therapies including information on the different types of novel antibody therapies. In addition, the chapter presents details on the novel antibody therapies (antibody-directed enzyme prodrug therapy, TCR like antibodies, radioisotope immunoconjugates, immunotoxins, intracellular antibody and immunocytokines). It also features information on developmental approaches of novel antibody therapies, limitations, and future of novel antibody therapies.
- A detailed review of the current market landscape of immunocytokines, based on several relevant parameters such as status of development (phase III, phase II, phase I and preclinical stage), mechanism of action (inhibition, modulation and stimulation), type of cytokine, type of antigen / format, dosing frequency, type of therapy (monotherapy and combination therapy), mode of administration (injection and infusion), route of administration (intravenous, intratumoral and subcutaneous), type of therapy and target disease indication(s).
- A detailed review of the current market landscape of immunotoxins based on several relevant parameters such as status of development (marketed, BLA registration, phase III, phase II phase I and preclinical stage), mechanism of action (inhibition, modulation and stimulation), type of toxin, dosing frequency, type of therapy (monotherapy and combination therapy), mode of administration (injection and infusion), immunotoxin target, route of administration (intravenous, intravesical, intraperitoneal, intratumoral and intrathecal), and target disease indication(s).
- A detailed review of the current market landscape of radioisotope immunoconjugates based on several relevant parameters such as status of development (marketed, phase III, phase II phase I and preclinical stage), type of radioisotope, route of administration (Intravenous, intracerebroventricular and intraperitoneal), type of therapy (monotherapy and combination therapy), dosing frequency, mode of administration (injection and infusion) and target disease indication(s). In addition, the chapter includes a list of novel antibody therapies with special designations. Further, the chapter presents a list of players developing novel antibody therapies along with information on their year of establishment, company size and location of headquarters.
- Elaborate profiles of the key players engaged in the development of novel antibody therapies (shortlisted on the basis of number of drugs). Each profile features a brief overview of the company, its financial information (if available), details on its product portfolio and a section on recent developments and an informed future outlook.
- An in-depth analysis of completed, ongoing and planned clinical studies of various novel antibody therapies, highlighting prevalent trends across different parameters, such as current trial status, trial registration year, trial phase, enrolled patient population, type of sponsor / collaborator, study design, leading industry and non-industry players (in terms of number of trials conducted), key indication(s), type of treatment, type of drug, emerging focus areas and regional distribution of trials.
- A detailed review of more than 570 peer-reviewed, scientific articles related to research on novel antibody therapies, which have been published since 2017, based on parameters, such as year of publication, type of article, emerging focus areas, top authors, key journals, most popular publisher and copyright holders.
- An insightful analysis of the patents filed / granted for novel antibody therapies, between 2017- 2021, based on various relevant parameters, such as patent publication year, type of patent, geographical location, CPC symbols, type of applicant, patent age, emerging focus areas, leading individual assignees, industry and non-industry players (in terms of number of patents granted / filed) and patent characteristics. In addition, the chapter includes a detailed patent benchmarking and an insightful valuation analysis.
- An analysis of the partnerships that have been established in novel antibody therapy market since 2018, covering instances of acquisition, clinical trial agreement, commercialization agreement, distribution agreement, antibody manufacturing agreement, product development agreement, product development and commercialization agreement, research and development agreement, supply agreement and other relevant type of deals.
- An analysis of big pharma players engaged in the field of novel antibody therapy market, featuring various insightful representations, such as spider web analysis, Harvey ball analysis and wind rose chart, based on several relevant parameters, such as number of therapeutics under development, type of novel antibody, status of development, number of target indications, number of partnerships, number of patents and years of experience.
The key objective of novel antibody therapy market report is to provide a detailed market analysis in order to estimate the existing market size, market value, statistics and future opportunity for novel antibody therapy market during the forecast period. Based on parameters, such as historical sales, target patient population, likely adoption rates and expected pricing, we have provided informed estimates on the likely evolution of the market for the forecast period 2022-2035. Our year wise projections of the current and forecasted opportunity within the novel antibody therapy market have further been segmented across type of novel antibody (immunocytokines, immunotoxins, and radioisotope immunoconjugates), target indication (acute myeloid leukemia, bladder cancer, diffuse large b-cell lymphoma, graft-versus-host disease, melanoma prostate cancer, and soft-tissue sarcoma), type of therapy (Combination Therapy and Monotherapy), route of administration (intratumoral, intravenous and intravesical), key geographical regions (North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific). In order to account for future uncertainties and to add robustness to our model, we have provided three forecast scenarios, portraying the conservative, base and optimistic tracks of the market’s evolution.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What is antibody therapy? Answer:
Antibody therapies include different classes of antibodies, which are capable of killing or inhibiting disease-causing agents. These therapies have demonstrated the capability to selectively target and eliminate tumor cells.
Question 2: What is the novel antibody therapy market size? Answer:
The novel antibody therapy market size is estimated to be worth $2.4 billion in 2023.
Question 3: What is the projected market growth of the novel antibody therapy market? Answer:
The novel antibody therapy market is expected to grow at compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 36% during the forecast period 2022 - 2035.
Question 4: Who are the leading companies in the novel antibody therapy market? Answer:
Examples of key companies engaged in novel antibody therapy market (which have also been profiled in this market report; the complete list of companies is available in the full report) include Actinium Pharmaceuticals, Molecular Templates, Philogen, Roche, Seagen, Sesen bio, Telix Pharmaceuticals and Y-mAbs Therapeutics.
Question 5: How many novel antibody therapies have been approved for oncological disorders? Answer:
Six novel antibody therapies have been approved for various oncological disorders till date.
Question 6: Which region is the hub for players active in the novel antibody therapy market? Answer:
North America presently harbors the majority of the players providing novel antibody therapy, with close to 55% of the companies established in this region.
Question 7: How many clinical trials have been conducted for evaluating novel antibody therapy? Answer:
Till date, over 550 clinical trials have been conducted for evaluating novel antibody therapy, highlighting the ongoing research in this field.