Dry Eye Syndrome: Clinical Trial Tracker
Lowest Price Guaranteed
From USD 799
Available on request
With nearly 300 million dry eye sufferers worldwide, dry eye represents one of the largest ophthalmic indications. It is also known as keratoconjunctivitis sicca. To date, there is no cure for dry eye syndrome, but there are treatments to control its symptoms. The prevalence of dry eye syndrome primarily increases with age, and has an estimated incidence of 15% in persons over the age of 65 years. A greater risk of acquiring dry eye is also experienced by females, with postmenopausal women being particularly at risk.
In the US alone, the economic burden of dry eye totals USD 3.84 billion in direct annual health care costs. After including the indirect costs of lost productivity, the societal burden of dry eye rises to USD 55.4 billion annually in the US. For patients, the average annual direct cost ranges from USD 678 for patients with mild dry eye to USD 1,267 for severe cases. If pharmaceuticals and punctual plugs are included, the cost for these patients rises to USD 2,959 annually. Furthermore, dry eye increases lost productivity through both absenteeism and decreased presenteeism, with the former ranging from 8.4 to 14.2 days per year depending on severity and the latter ranging from 91 to 128.2 days per year depending on severity.
Scope of the Report
The primary objective of this report is to capture details on the various clinical and preclinical trials which are currently underway in the field of dry eye. We have identified a number of such trials which are taking place across multiple geographies. For each specific trial, we have provided the following information:
- Trial Objective
- Manufacturer / Licensee
- Treatment Target
- Mechanism of Action
- Sponsor / Collaborator
- Trial Phase
- Trial Status
- Start Date
- End Date
- Age Group
- Inclusion Criteria
- Exclusion Criteria
- Study Design
- Primary Endpoint
- Secondary Endpoint
- Treatment Arms
- Route of Administration
- Trial Results (if known)
The above information has also been presented in the form of a dashboard to provide a high level quick overview of the ongoing activity in this space.
Section 1: Market Overview
Section 2: Dashboard: Pipeline Analysis
Section 3: Molecules in Clinical Development: Trial Details
Section 4: Molecules in Preclinical Development: Trial Details
Section 5: Excluded Drugs
Section 6: Inclusion / Exclusion Criteria
List of Figures
Figure 1: Molecules in Clinical Development: Distribution by Companies
Figure 2: Molecules in Clinical Development: Distribution by Highest Phase of Development
Figure 3: Molecules in Clinical Development: Distribution by Treatment Target
Figure 4: Clinical Trials: Distribution by Trial Phase and Status (Matrix View)
Figure 5: Clinical Trials: Distribution by Trial Status
Figure 6: Clinical Trials: Distribution by Trial Phase
Figure 7: Clinical Trials: Distribution by Route of Administration
Figure 8: Clinical Trials: Distribution by Sponsor Type
Figure 9: Clinical Trials: Distribution by Region
Figure 10A: Clinical Trials: Distribution by Molecules and Regions (Matrix View) – Set 1
Figure 10B: Clinical Trials: Distribution by Molecules and Regions (Matrix View) – Set 2
Figure 10C: Clinical Trials: Distribution by Molecules and Regions (Matrix View) – Set 3
Figure 11: Clinical Trials: Distribution by G7 Countries
Figure 12: Clinical Trials: Distribution by EU5 Countries
List of Tables
Table 1: Molecules in Clinical Development: Pipeline Details
Table 2: Molecules in Preclinical Development: Pipeline Details
The following companies and organisations have been mentioned in the report:
- Alacrity Biosciences
- Alcon Research
- Astellas Pharma
- Azienda Ospedaliera S. Maria della Misericordia
- Bausch & Lomb
- Bristol Eye Hospital
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- BTO Pharm Co Ltd
- C.T. Development America, Inc.
- Can-Fite BioPharma
- Chulalongkorn University
- Cross Research S.A.
- Daiichi Pharmaceuticals
- Denver Arthritis Clinic
- DH Bio Co., Ltd.
- Dompe S.p.A
- Dong-A Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Ehime University
- Eisai Inc.
- Eleven Biotherapeutics
- ESBATech AG
- Eye and ENT Hospital of Fudan University
- Eyegate Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Federal University of Rio de Janeiro
- Florida Eye Microsurgical Institute
- Formulario MAgistral Farmacias Ahumada
- Hanlim Pharm. Co., Ltd.
- Hiroshima University
- Hoffmann-La Roche
- Hospital General Universitari Vall d'Hebron
- Human Genome Sciences Inc.
- I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University (MSMU)
- Innovative Medical
- InSite Vision
- Inspire Pharmaceuticals
- Instituto Universitario de Oftalmobiología Aplicada
- Kanazawa Medical University
- Keio University School of Medicine
- Kissei Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Kresge Eye Institute
- KT&G Life Sciences Corp
- Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine
- Laurantis Pharma
- Lee's Pharmaceuticals (China, Taiwan)
- Lux Biosciences, Inc.
- Mahidol University
- Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Medical University of South Carolina
- MGI Pharma
- Michigan Cornea Consultants, PC
- Mimetogen Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.
- Minamiaoyama Eye Clinic
- Mitotech, SA
- Nagasaki University Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
- Nascent Pharmaceuticals
- National Eye Institute (NEI)
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID)
- National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research (NIDCR)
- National Institutes of Health Clinical Center (CC)
- Nihon University School of Medicine
- Nippon Medical School
- Novagali Pharma
- Ophthalmic Consultants of Long Island
- Ora Inc.
- Osaka University Hospital
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
- RegeneRx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Resolvyx Pharmaceuticals, Inc
- Rhodes Pharmaceuticals L.P.
- Rigel Pharmaceuticals
- R-Tech Ueno, Ltd.
- Rush Medical College
- Santarus, Inc.
- Santen Inc.
- Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Santen SAS (previously Novagali Pharma)
- SARcode Bioscience
- Seikagaku Corporation
- Shire Pharmaceuticals
- SIFI Pharma
- Sirion Therapeutics
- South Arizona VA Healthcare System
- Sun Yat-sen University
- Sylentis, S.A.
- The Catholic University of Korea
- The Helmholtz Moscow Research Institute of Eye Diseases
- Tokai University School of Medicine
- Tokushima University Hospital
- Tokyo Dental College Ichikawa General Hospital
- Tokyo Electric Power Hospital
- Tufts University Dental School
- University Hospital, Brest
- University Hospital, Strasbourg, France
- University Medical Centre Groningen
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- University of Ioannina, Greece
- University of Kitasato School of Medicine
- University of Miami
- University of Michigan
- University of Missouri-Columbia
- University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
- University of Sao Paulo General Hospital
- University of Udine
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals
- Winston Laboratories