Proteome Profiling Market Overview
The proteome profiling market is estimated to be worth $16 billion in 2030 and is expected to grow at CAGR of 30% during the forecast period. Proteins are complex biomolecules that are involved in a number of essential functions in living organisms. Proteome profiling refers to the large-scale, high-throughput analysis of biological samples for the detection, identification, and functional characterization of resident proteins. The process includes the study of polypeptide structure, expression, function, protein-protein interactions, and post translational modifications (PTMs). With the growing prominence of peptide-based therapeutics and personalized medicine, there is an increased demand for rapid, highly sensitive, and accurate quantification methods to analyze clinical specimens. As a result, proteome profiling has become an indispensable part of modern drug discovery and development process and disease diagnosis. It is worth highlighting that various types of proteomic analyses are being used in diagnosis, severity determination and therapy development efforts against COVID-19. In fact, one study reported the potential implications of the urinary proteome in understanding the pathophysiology of the disease.
Currently, the demand for proteome profiling is high, given the growing pipeline of peptide therapeutics. Although some pharmaceutical companies have invested in building in-house proteomics analysis and research capabilities, significant capital investments and specialized requirements renders this approach prohibitive for most stakeholders. This has created a demand for service provider companies with expertise in this field. In fact, since 2000, more than 85 players offering proteome profiling services have been incorporated. Amidst growing competition in the proteome profiling market, availability of cutting-edge tools and the latest analytical serves to differentiate the offerings of stakeholders in this upcoming industry. Consequently, several service providers have actively begun expanding their respective service portfolios, either through strategic acquisitions or entering into service alliances with other specialty companies. Over time, several players have developed end-to-end capabilities, ranging from sample preparation to in silico analysis and post translational modifications-related expertise. As a consequence, the proteome profiling market is anticipated to witness substantial market growth during the forecast period.
Key Companies in Proteome Profiling Market
Examples of key companies engaged in proteome profiling market (which have also been profiled in this market report; the complete list of companies is available in the full report) include Bioproximity, Cell Signaling Technology, Creative Biolabs, Creative Proteomics, Poochon Scientific, Biognosys, NMI TT Pharmaservices, Proteome Factory, Sciomics, tebu-bio, BGI, Cytomics, i-DNA Bioechnology, Proteomics International and VProteomics. This market report includes an easily searchable excel database of all the companies providing proteome profiling services, worldwide.
Recent Developments in Proteome Profiling Market:
Several recent developments have taken place in proteome profiling. We have outlined some of these recent initiatives below. These developments, even if they took place post the release of our market report, substantiate the overall market trends that have been outlined in our analysis.
- In October 2023, Sengenics launched i-Ome Discovery, a comprehensive protein microarray platform, for the analysis of autoantibodies associated with disease diagnosis and therapeutic intervention.
- In October 2023, Bruker acquired PhenomeX with an aim to strengthen healthy state for further genomic and proteomic profiling, connecting phenotype.
Scope of the Report
The ‘Proteome Profiling Market, 2020-2030’ market report features an extensive study of the current market landscape, market size, market share, market growth, market forecast, market outlook and future opportunities of the proteome profiling market. The market research report also features a detailed analysis of the key drivers and trends related to proteome profiling market.
Amongst other elements, the market research report includes:
- A detailed review of the overall landscape of companies offering proteome profiling services, along with information on type of service provider (industry and non-industry), year of establishment, company size, location of headquarters, service(s) offered for pre-proteome profiling (protein identification, protein quantification, protein separation, protein extraction and protein purification), service(s) offered for proteome profiling (analysis of post translational modifications, protein characterization, in silico analysis and protein sequencing), other service(s) offered (protein-protein interaction analysis, biomarker discovery, biological pathway identification, impurity profile analysis, bio imaging of proteins), type of product profiled (proteins and peptides), type of sample(s) used (cells, tissues, plasma, serum, urine, cerebrospinal fluid (d), blood, saliva, cyst fluid and others) and type of application (drug discovery, disease diagnosis and others).
- Elaborate profiles of the prominent players (shortlisted based on a proprietary criterion) across North America, Europe and Asia Pacific and rest of the world. Each profile includes a brief overview of the company, its year of establishment, location of headquarters, number of employees and financial information (if available). In addition to this, the profile includes information on the proteome profiling services offered by the company, along with information on the proteome profiling technologies used. Further, we have provided the recent developments of the company and an informed future outlook.
- A competitiveness analysis of proteome profiling service providers, taking into consideration the supplier strength (based on company size and its experience in this field), service strength (based on number of pre-proteome profiling service(s) offered, number of proteome profiling service(s) offered, number of other service(s) offered, number of product types profiled and number of applications) and number of samples profiled (which is depicted by size of the bubble).
- An analysis of the partnerships that have been inked by stakeholders in the proteome profiling market, during the time period 2014-2020 (till April), covering different partnership models, such as service alliances, acquisitions, technology licensing, R&D agreements and research agreements.
- An elaborate discussion on various factors contributing to the high price of proteome profiling. It features different pricing models of proteome profiling services based on number of proteins / samples processed, proteome profiling steps and sample types.
- A discussion on affiliated trends, key drivers and challenges which are likely to impact the industry’s evolution, under a comprehensive SWOT framework; it includes a Harvey ball analysis, highlighting the relative effect of each SWOT parameter on the overall industry.
- A detailed review of the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the overall proteome profiling market. In addition, it features various strategies that different companies have adopted / might adopt in order to mitigate the challenges affiliated to the current global crisis.
The key objective of proteome profiling market report is to provide a detailed market analysis in order to estimate the existing market size, market trends, market value, statistics and future opportunity for proteome profiling market during the forecast period. Based on multiple parameters, such as projected growth of the overall proteomics market and extend of outsourcing, we have developed informed estimates on the financial evolution of the market, over the forecast period 2020-2030. The market report also provides details on the likely distribution of the current and forecasted opportunity across [A] type of application (drug discovery, disease diagnosis and others) [B] type of sponsor (pharmaceutical companies, research and academics institutes and CROs) [C] key geographical regions (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and rest of the world). In order to account for future uncertainties and to add robustness to our model, we have provided three market forecast scenarios, namely conservative, base and optimistic scenarios, representing different tracks of the industry’s growth.
The opinions and insights presented in this market research report were influenced by discussions conducted with multiple stakeholders in proteome profiling market. The market report features detailed transcripts of interviews held with the following individuals:
- James Fedrick, President and Chief Executive Officer, Rockland Immunochemicals
- Anton IIliuk, Chief technology Officer, Tymora Analytical Operations
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What is proteome profiling? Answer:
Proteome profiling refers to the large-scale, high-throughput analysis of biological samples for the detection, identification, and functional characterization of resident proteins.
Question 2: How big is the proteome profiling market? Answer:
The proteome profiling market size is estimated to be worth $16 billion in 2030.
Question 3: What is the projected market growth of the proteome profiling market? Answer:
The proteome profiling market is expected to grow at compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) of 30% during the forecast period 2020 – 2030.
Question 4: Who are the leading players in the targeted proteome profiling market? Answer:
Examples of key companies engaged in proteome profiling market (which have also been profiled in this market report; the complete list of companies is available in the full report) include Bioproximity, Cell Signaling Technology, Creative Biolabs, Creative Proteomics, Poochon Scientific, Biognosys, NMI TT Pharmaservices, Proteome Factory, Sciomics, tebu-bio, BGI, Cytomics, i-DNA Bioechnology, Proteomics International and VProteomics.
Question 5: How many companies are currently engaged in the proteome profiling market? Answer:
Over 210 companies are currently engaged in the proteome profiling market, offering contract services for proteome profiling.
Question 6: How many peptide drugs are currently being evaluated under preclinical and clinical stages? Answer:
Presently, more than 850 peptide drugs are currently being evaluated under preclinical and clinical stages.